Here is an old coffee ad that I worked on. Using the tools at my disposal I was able to clean up that old ad, improved the definition, and then colorize it. Not bad, eh? Remember to click on the image for the full-sized version.
Nice find Richard, I couldn't find it back home, only the Chase and Sanborn ad (1952) and the Sanka ad. Do we know which advert first featured a spanking and what year?
fanz123, the original for this coffee ad appeared a year before (1951) the Chase and Sanborn coffee ad. If you check this link out, I shared the original underneath the recreated improvement that I made. https://www.deviantart.com/burningbottoms/art/1951-Coffee-Ad-Spanking-1312220476
fanz123, I missed the line about the Sanka ad, but you have given me an idea for another coffee creation. Did you check out DeviantArt for the "Mods and Rockers" cartoon version that you suggested?
Love ads that are enhanced. I would love to see all the coffee ads together to judge between them I have to admit that the singing coffee commercial I wanted the singer to be spanked by the host. Great find thanks for sharing and enjoy your day. Jim
Nice find Richard, I couldn't find it back home, only the Chase and Sanborn ad (1952) and the Sanka ad. Do we know which advert first featured a spanking and what year?
ReplyDeletefanz123, the original for this coffee ad appeared a year before (1951) the Chase and Sanborn coffee ad. If you check this link out, I shared the original underneath the recreated improvement that I made. https://www.deviantart.com/burningbottoms/art/1951-Coffee-Ad-Spanking-1312220476
DeleteRichard, it would appear that Sanka's ad is 1944 - Sanka Coffee, so that puts them both out, although it's only her War Conscience doing the spanking.
Deletefanz123, I missed the line about the Sanka ad, but you have given me an idea for another coffee creation. Did you check out DeviantArt for the "Mods and Rockers" cartoon version that you suggested?
DeleteLove ads that are enhanced. I would love to see all the coffee ads together to judge between them I have to admit that the singing coffee commercial I wanted the singer to be spanked by the host. Great find thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteJim
Jim, I have used the "Coffee ad" theme a few times in my created art pieces, mainly because us old timers can relate to the story being told.
Delete